Are you getting married this summer? Do you want your makeup to last the distance?
Summer is a popular time to tie the knot, with opportunities for so many outdoor romantic wedding venues. However, your wedding day may also include intense UV rays, humidity, and sweat, all of which could damage or irritate your skin, causing your makeup to smudge.
Here are a few important tips to ensure your bridal makeup lasts your whole wedding day:
- Rather than caking on the makeup, a ‘natural makeup’ will create a fresh look and classic bridal photos.
- Use moisturiser suitable for your skin type, which is breathable and gives your skin hydration. This will ensure your face is not too oily or dry in all the right places, reducing perspiration. I love SeneDerm Skincare and I am excited it is coming to New Zealand soon. The ingredients work together to encourage new cellular growth.
Prime your skin to ensure your makeup is applied to a silky smooth surface.
Have you seen how summer heat can melt your makeup? Quality bases can prevent sweating which causes havoc to your makeup.
- Exfoliate and moisturise your lips for several weeks before your wedding day. This will ensure your lipstick looks and stays smooth all day. Try my favourite, LipSense LipSmooth Conditioning Polish and Moisturizing Lip Balm.
- Use a setting spray when prepping your skin, before applying makeup and after you have completed your makeup look. I love Finishing Spray, which helps your makeup to stay in place all day, rather than being affected by the heat of summer (or wedding nerves).
- Use a non-oily face primer before applying foundation, to avoid shininess and smudged makeup.
- Use a breathable foundation or CC cream for coverage, which protects your skin from pollutants. Apply this in circular strokes using a quality makeup brush, to maintain a smooth look, even when you perspire throughout the day.
Setting your Makeup:
- After your liquid foundation, apply a light touch of mineral powder foundation over your face in hot spots (areas where you may sweat more), to set it. I love vegan, gluten-free powders.
- Use waterproof gel eyeliner and waterproof mascara. LashSense Volume Intense waterproof mascara is my favourite. This is essential for those beautiful, emotional moments on your wedding day!
- An essential for your lips is revolutionary LipSense long wear Lipstick, which is vegan, water proof, smudge proof, lead free, wax free, FDA Approved and not tested on animals – It is 98%natural and lasts up to 18 hours!*
- For the final touch use setting/finishing spray.
Wedding Day Musts:
Keeping a ‘Bridal Touch Up Kit’ with you is imperative! This is so that you can touch up your own makeup throughout your wedding day.
Your kit needs to include a compact powder, lipstick (or you will only need LipSense glosses if you use LipSense long wear lipstick at the start of your day) and mascara for emergencies.
Your makeup will look and feel better when you have healthy, glowing skin. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits. Drink water throughout each day to hydrate your skin.
Your bridal makeup should look and feel intuitively right to you, enhancing your best features.
Your Wedding Day is a time to be confident, radiant and full of JOY!!!
I hope you found these ‘Tips for Longer-Lasting Bridal Makeup’ helpful. Feel free to send me a message if you would like more information about the above products*. x